NorCal Quote meets the insurance needs of the transportation professional with quality products, responsive service, and fair treatment.
California Trucking Insurance Coverages
- Non-Trucking Liability, (NTL) Insurance - Also referred to as "Bobtail" insurance though this is not a correct term, NTL provides liability coverage when the truck is being used for purposes outside the scope of the lease and not under dispatch. EXAMPLE: using the truck on weekends to run errands.
- Primary Liability Insurance - Every trucker/trucking company who operates under their own authority is required to carry primary liability coverage on all owned units and usually also provide this owner/operator insurance for their leased vehicles.
- Cargo Insurance - Provides coverage for loss or damage to the property a truck is transporting (the load). Generally, though not always, provided by the motor carrier for leased operators.
- Physical Damage Insurance (Collision, Specified Perils) - Provides coverage for repair or replacement for damage resulting from a covered loss (collision, fire, theft, hail, windstorm, earthquake, flood, mischief, or vandalism) to owned vehicles.
- Occupational Accident Insurance (Occ/Acc) - Product designed specifically for owner operators in the trucking industry. In most states, by being self- employed owner/operators can opt out of state mandated workers compensation coverage. While not the same as workers compensation, occ/acc is similar in scope and intent. Most motor carriers require their leased operators to be covered either by workers compensation or occ/acc at the leased operator's expense. For those who qualify, occ/acc is generally a lower cost alternative.