At NorCal Quote, we recognize that privacy is important. This policy applies to all of the services we offer, as well as those offered by our subsidiaries or affiliated companies, if any. If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us through our website, NorCalQuote.com
Information We Collect and How We Use It:
In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
Information you provideWhen you engage us to provide insurance services, we will ask you for personal information (such as your name and email address). If you decide to request an insurance quote through NorCal Quote, we will also request certain personal information (such as your Social Security number or birth date and account information), which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers. We may combine the information submitted under various forms and services in order to provide customers with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give customers the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
Customer CommunicationsWhen you send email or other communication to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests, and improve our services.
- Providing our insurance services to users
- Auditing, research, and analysis in order to maintain, protect, and improve our services
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network
- Developing new services
Choices for Personal InformationWhen you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use. If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, you may "opt-out"—or say no to—having your information shared by calling 707-923-2179 or contacting us through our contact page. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent. If you do choose to decline to submit personal information to any of our services, there may be some instances in which we may not be able to provide those services to you.
Information SharingNorCal Quote only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of NorCal Quote in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a Good Faith Belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property, or safety of NorCal Quote, its users, or the public as required or permitted by law.