Sports League Insurance
Teams of all ages can be seen practicing at recreation fields all over California (baseball, football, basketball, soccer…etc) They may be amateurs, but they take competition as seriously as the pros. As a league organizer or manager, it’s important to remember that protection goes beyond pads and helmets.
NorCal Quote’s sports league insurance programs have been designed for leagues, clubs and associations conducting youth or amateur sports activities. Coverage provided includes :
- Commercial General Liability - coverage which protects the insured against liability claims for bodily injury and property
- Legal Liability Insurance to Participants - coverage which offers protection against bodily injury liability claims brought by persons participating in covered sports activities.
- Professional Liability Insurance- provides protection against claims that arise out of the rendering, or failure to render, instruction, demonstration, direction and/or advice relating to a sports activity.
- Medical Payments to Participants - coverage which pays the medical and dental expenses incurred by a participant when an accident injury occurs while participating in covered sports activities.
- Hired Auto and Employers’ Non-ownership Liability - coverage which protects the insured against liability claims arising out of the maintenance or use of motor vehicles hired or borrowed by the insured on a short-term basis as well as coverage for those autos your organization does not own, lease, hire, rent or borrow that are used in conjunction with your operations. Coverage does not extend to the transporting of participants or to those vehicles that are rented, hired or borrowed on a long-term basis.
It is important to purchase liability protection for organizations, that include its employees and volunteers, for claims that arise out of day to day operations. All insurance policies aren't created equal. The majority of sports insurance policies sold are inadequate when it comes to protecting against certain types of injuries and lawsuits. Don't learn this painfully true lesson the hard way. For more information on Sports League Insurance contact, NorCal Quote at 707-923-2179 or fill out our online form above for your FREE Sports League Insurance Quote today.